HEAD OF COACHING
Carmarthen Town AFC invite applicants to our new 'Head of Coaching' Role within our club. As a club we see this as an exciting time and look forward to the new role developing and benefiting not only us as a club, but within the local community too.
If you have any questions, please contact Sean Cresser who's details are at the bottom of this page.
Head of Coaching
Full Time/Part Time:
Indicative Salary Range:
Dependant on experience and qualifications
Based at Richmond Park
|Club Senior Officals, Academy Director and Academy Administrator|
BACKGROUND TO THE JOB
The FAW Academy programme represents the highest level of youth development football in the domestic game in Wales. The FAW Academy programme has developed through the UEFA Club Licensing scheme, which was introduced in the 2003/04 season. It is mandatory for the 12 JD Welsh Premier League Clubs to operate an accredited FAW Academy and to annually comply with the FAW Academy Regulations. All 12 JD Welsh Premier League clubs can access annual funding from the UEFA Solidarity Fund for Youth Development and an element of this money has been ring fenced for the newly created role of Head of Coaching.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
· To develop players &Increase the amount of better players in Wales
· To establish a sustainable system and approach to coach development within the Academy.
· To develop coaches so that they improve and perform to the best of their potential and are consequently able to maximise the potential of the players that they work with.
· To develop community links so that sustainable relationships are built and perform to the best of their potential.
· A strong background in football coaching, player development and coach education;
· Knowledge and understanding of providing TNAs, formal feedback and development/delivery of CPD programmes;
· Proven ability to implement and develop football programmes and philosophy;
· Proven ability to develop and commission community based football initiatives;
· Strengths in planning and time management;
· Experience in recruitment, relationship building;
· Ability to form strong and operational teams;
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
· Experience in stakeholder and partnership management;
· Proven leadership and supervisory management experience;
· Strategy and policy development, implementation and reporting;
· Ability to be self-directed and work on own initiative;
· Appropriate IT competencies;
· Ability to present/report effectively to Head of Academy and Board/Panel members;
· Spoken and written Welsh desirable;
· Willing to work unsociable hours and weekends;
· Full driving licence.
· UEFA A Licence or Working Towards
· FAW Accredited Tutor or Willingness to Working Towards
· Educated to Degree Level or Equivalent
· Level 3 Accredited Tutor
· Level 3 Mentor & Assessor
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Academy Focus)
To work with the FAW Trust as a key strategic partner to deliver:
· Build relationships within the Academy and wider community.
· Deliver coach development support within the Academy and wider community. This could include:
- Researching current trends of coaching/teaching, player development, and industry best practice to inform practice within the Academy as directed by the Academy Director
- Training needs analysis of all coaches current and required level of performance in conjunction with the Academy Director
- Formal program of observation to provide effective feedback to include individual coach action plans in Liaison with the Academy Director
· Development and delivery of an innovative CPD program for all coaching staff within the Academy under guidance of the Academy Director
· Work as a FAW/UEFA Coach Educator within the FAW Trust Coach Education Strategy.
· Work with the Head of Academy on the implementation and development of the Academy playing philosophy across all phases;
· Work with the Head of Academy to manage player progression and retention, de-registration, and signing of new players;
· Ensure the delivery of a robust games program across all phases;
· Ensure the delivery of a robust Skill Acquisition Program for foundation U9 – U12 age groups.
· Build effective relationships across the multi-disciplinary teams within the Academy; to include Analysis/Medical/Sport Science Support/Education & Welfare.
· Ensure effective working across multi-disciplinary teams through education and promoting relevant benefits. To include Analysis/Medical/Sport Science Support/Education & Welfare.
Evidence Based Reporting
· Report (within agreed timelines) to the Head of Academy on overall progress and development within the Academy and represent collective views on the future development and direction of the coaching programs.
· Report (within agreed timelines) to the WPL Board/Panel on overall progress and development within the Academy.
· Agree to and fulfil all requirements of the FAW/FAW Trust/WPLA auditing process.
· Create a process to ensure the best players in the area attend the Academy
· Understand and recognise the Talent ID Pathway within the FAW Trust/ FAW Programmes;
· Create Talent ID working group within the Academy inclusive of all age groups Head Coaches;
· Collate player lists for all Academy related age groups ready for Regional/ National nomination;
· Attend ALL Talent ID related CPD workshops/ courses when required;
· Liaise with the National Talent ID Manager on all aspects of Talent ID.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Community Links Focus)
To work with the FAW Trust as a key strategic partner to deliver:
Junior Grassroots Club Support
· Working with the Area FDM build relationships with the local grassroots landscape, inclusive of clubs, fun football providers, junior leagues and the Area Association to ensure the player pathway is clearly understood.
· Development and implementation of agreed programmes in the community aligned to the area plan for football to support delivery on FAWT objectives.
· Annually achieve the Fun Football Charter Mark to ensure quality delivery and the safeguarding of young people.
Develop/Support Schools Programs
· Build relationships with identified local schools to support the implementation of football activities aligned with the Football in Schools FAWT Programme, this could include;
· Mentoring the Play More Football Directors of Football to deliver in school football activity;
· Delivering Teacher CPD in a cluster of schools to enhance the delivery of schools’ football and raise confidence in teachers (Primary and secondary, initial priority for staff who deliver girls PE and extra-curricular programmes who lack football confidence);
· Delivery of Junior Football Leaders awards in school (14+) and follow up support/mentoring/deployment for the pupils.
· Work with the Area FDM with agreed focus clubs to develop school club links to increase club membership at targeted age groups and genders according to need and latent demand, supporting pupils to transition into appropriate and quality assured exit routes;
· Roll out of Premier League Primary Stars programme to expand into WPL Clubs.
Develop/Support Girls Programs
· Implement and support girls only football ‘participation and engagement’ programmes as directed by the Strategic lead for Girls Football, for example Footy Huddle, Street Games programmes and holiday activities to engage non-club players into football in a social and fun format and transition in to further football activity.
· Work with the head of Academy to recruit workforce to support delivery of agreed programmes.
Develop/Support Grassroots Coach Education Programs
· Work within the FAW Trust Coach Education Strategy. This could include;
- Supporting local Grassroots Conferences;
- Supporting level 1, 2 & 3 Coach Education;
- Support local coaches/teachers through CPD opportunities.
Continued Professional Development
· Attend all CPD events (up to a maximum of 20 days per year)
· To organise and Run club festivals & camps
· General Duties as agreed with club
Applicants are to send a copy of their CV, and completed application form to:
Suitable applicants will be invited to an interview, where club officials and a technical representative from the FAW Trust will be in attendance.
Within 14 Days of closing
COPIES CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE FOLLOWING:-
JOB APPLICATION FORM CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THE FOLLOWING LINK
JOB DESCRIPTION CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THE FOLLOWING LINK
Alternatively please contact our Academy Director for documents to be forwarded.
Tel. 07714 430558