Carmarthen Town Football Club and the Community
The Board of Carmarthen Town Football Club recognises the pivotal role that we can play in relation to the local community. Similarly, the Football Association of Wales encourages clubs to engage in a variety of activity aimed at strengthening the relationship between the club and the local community.
Research suggests that clubs are continually involved in community activity although they often fail to advertise or promote this. Consequently, Carmarthen Town Football Club appreciates the advantages for our Club to promote this activity and have subsequently, formalised a Club Strategy. This has been demonstrated in the business sector where community activity and its promotion are designed to meet both financial objectives and social objectives. Creating a strategy with measurable goals as well as a means to promote this activity will benefit not only the Club but also the community as a whole.
Carmarthen Town Football Club Community Strategy
- To establish links with local youth clubs and assist these clubs with coaching and also providing the use of facilities and equipment for football festivals etc.
- To set up clubs with local youths, but not necessarily football clubs, to promote and develop the role of the Club in the community and to set appropriate examples of behaviour.
- To set up clubs with the disabled and disadvantaged youth and adult groups in the community and to use the facilities and the equipment of the Club and also its personnel.
- To utilise the playing and coaching personnel to address various social and equity issues including drug awareness issues and healthy lifestyle, etc.
- To utilise the facilities of the Club in conjunction with multi-media training for anybody who wishes to learn.
- To undertake any services within the local community to the benefit of the community and ultimately the Club.
- To be aware of the Club’s Anti-Discrimination Policy and Equal Opportunities Policy at all times when dealing with the Community.
This strategy should also be linked to the Club’s Business Strategy.